Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Casual Vacancy

I was at the grocery store today and randomly at the end of an isle I a book caught by eye...it was written by J.K. Rowling. I haven't heard a single thing about it! I had no idea she was coming out with a new book. Once I got home I checked out library to see if they had it...and I am on the waiting list as number 357! So I guess others have heard of it before me, it came out September 27th. I just thought I'd share with those of you interested. I L.O.V.E.D Harry Potter! So I'm exited to read this. It's a book for adults, and I read the reviews on Amazon and it looks like it's mixed reviews...from what I can tell it seems people were probably going into it thinking it would be like Harry Potter, but it's nothing at all like it. Here is the book description that was on Amazon:

"When Barry Fairbrother dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock. Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war. Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…. Pagford is not what it first seems. And the empty seat left by Barry on the town’s council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations? Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults."

If you've read/read it let me know what you think!
--Michelle--

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...