Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kids Chore Chart

   About 3 years ago, I came up with this chore chart for my oldest son, Evan.  He was only 5 at the time, so we started small with little things like getting dressed, brushing teeth morning and night, picking up his toys, minding, setting the table, unloading the dishwasher (only like the top or the bottom).  I drew fun pictures and added stickers on each of the chores so he could remember what they each were.  For minding Mom and Dad, I put pictures of mine and my husbands heads.  I also put a picture of him on his brother's chart for sharing. 
     When Preston turned 3, I made a chart for him also.  Since Evan was older, we needed to add a few more chores to his list, plus we got a dog who needed feeding.  I laminated the charts and put magnets on the back of the charts.  They stay on our fridges and I let the kids mark them with a dry erase marker.  Each of them has an "Extra Helping" slot at the bottom.  This can be anything from putting away their clothes, dumping garages, washing doorhandles and lights, helping weed, or anything else you might have for them.  They mark the chart with check marks, smiley faces, X's, circles, or any other shape they think is fun.  We pay them $0.01 penny per year that they are, per check.  So, for Evan, when we started, he got $0.05 per every check mark on the board.  I also give them $0.50 for each "Extra Helping" job they do since they are a little more difficult jobs than the others.    They really love this.  They get paid every Sunday night.  I make them put 50% of their income into savings, 10% into tithing, and 40% is left for them to spend on whatever they want to.
       Each year on their birthday, they get a raise, another penny.  It doesn't sound like a lot, but it does add up.  You can change their chores and the amounts they make as they get older.
 
 
~Stacy~
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...